If (like me) you are in your twenties and think that there is a small chance that you’ll own your own place by the age of 30, maybe that portable solar powered ecocapsule is our solution!
Great work of this Slovakian firm ‘Nice Architects’ with building an egg-shaped ‘ecocapsule’ that can run entirely on solar and wind energy.
FEATURES OF THE CABIN
- A 9,744 watt-hour battery,
- A 750 watt wind turbine,
- High efficency solar cells that can support you for about a year time, assuming there is some sunlight (it won’t work in a cave but perfectly on a beach in the Caribbeen)
- Rainwater collection and filtration system
- Kitchette with running water
- Flushable toilet
- Work space
- 4.5 meters (14.7 feet) long and 2.4 meters (7.9 feet) wide
The egg-home can be “easily transported” by trailer, according to the company, and can even charge the electric car that’s towing it.
Nice Architects will unveil its prototype at the Pioneers festival in Vienna on May 28 before taking pre-orders at the end of 2015 for shipping in the first half of 2016.
Shipping costs should be around $2000 while the portable capsule should cost around $ 10 000 – $ 15 000
SO… Down for some nomadic living? 🙂